You may be able to claim back money from the government if you make energy-saving home improvements.

You can get up to £1,250 towards the cost of installing any 2 of the following:

• a condensing gas boiler on mains gas
• double or triple glazing as a replacement for single glazing
• secondary glazing
• energy efficient replacement external doors
• cavity wall insulation
• floor insulation
• flat-roof insulation
• insulation for a room in the roof
• a replacement warm air unit
• fan-assisted storage heaters
• a waste water heat recovery system
You can get up to £500 more if you apply within 12 months of buying a home.

You can also claim back up to £100 towards the cost of your Green Deal assessment if you install energy-saving improvements recommended by the assessment through the GDHIF.

This GDHIF offer may change or be withdrawn without notice at any time. The amount of funding available is limited. You may not be able to get any money back towards the cost of your Green Deal advice report.

To qualify all of the following must apply:

you’re improving a domestic property in England or Wales that you own or live in
you have either a Green Deal advice report or an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) that’s less than 2 years old
the improvements you’re applying for are covered by the scheme and recommended in your EPC or Green Deal advice report
you use a Green Deal provider or installer registered with the GDHIF

You can’t apply if you’re already getting money back for the same improvements through other schemes, eg the Energy Company Obligation, Green Deal Communities, Green Deal Cashback or the first release of GDHIF.

Rented accommodation
You can apply for the GDHIF if you’re a landlord. You can also apply if you’re a tenant in social or private rented housing. The person paying for the majority of the improvements gets the money back.

How to claim
Get a Green Deal assessment or an EPC for your property.
Get a quote from a Green Deal installer or provider that’s registered with the Home Improvement Fund.
Apply for and receive a Home Improvement Fund voucher before you start the work.
Complete the work.
Ask your Green Deal provider or installer to fill in the rest of the voucher.
Follow the instructions on the voucher to make your claim. You must do this before the expiration date on the voucher.